Home Fire News Three dead after CO exposure during Michigan country music concert

Three dead after CO exposure during Michigan country music concert

SHARE

KATE FELDMAN

New York Daily News

Three men in their early 20s were found dead Saturday inside a travel trailer outside a country music festival in southern Michigan in what police believe is a case of carbon monoxide exposure.

Police were called to the Faster Horses Festival campground in Woodstock Township around 1:30 p.m. Saturday after a friend of the group reported that he hadn’t been able to get in touch with any of them, according to the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office.

First responders found the three men already dead and two other men, around the same age, unresponsive in the trailer. They were hospitalized in critical condition.

Officials said the “tragic incident” is being investigated as suspected exposure to carbon monoxide from a generator that was located near the trailer.

“First responders stress the importance of keeping generators away from camping areas, tents, travel trailers, etc. as well as exhaust fumes from running vehicles,” police said.

Earlier Saturday, a 30-year-old woman identified as Melissa Donna Havens was also found dead at the festival. Her cause of death is pending an autopsy and toxicology report.

Police are looking for a suspect Havens was seen with within 24 hours of her death. He was described as a Black man in his 30s, with short black hair and a short beard and wearing a gray hoodie.

©2021 New York Daily News. Visit nydailynews.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here