Home Fire News Students escape fire at RMIT Village

Students escape fire at RMIT Village

SHARE

A fire forced about 150 students to be evacuated from a student village in North Melbourne yesterday. Firefighters were called to put out the fire that began in a bedroom on the third floor of the RMIT Village about 3.30am.

It is believed the fire stated when a heater was left on overnight.

A heater was also responsible for a fire that forced 50 people to be evacuated form the Citypoint apartments in the city yesterday morning.

The fire started on the 18th floor of the Bourke St building just after 6am.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here