A firefighter in Arizona has reportedly died of a drug overdose, authorities report.
Shane Godbehere, who died in his sleep in June while he was working at Sun City Fire Station 131, reportedly died from an accidental overdose of illicit drugs.
Trace elements of fentanyl, oxycodone, cocaine and other amphetamines were found in his system.
According to 12 News, an investigation is underway.
“MCSO is running the investigation and have not completed their findings yet,” the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. “We have been made aware via the public Medical Examiners report that he passed from an accidental overdose.
While this is tragic and very sad, we need to remember that Shane was one of our family and is dearly missed. His family has asked for as much privacy as possible.
We continuing [sic] to focus on our members well being, looking out for one another, and serving our community.
Our message to our members has been to, please reach out if you need help or see someone that does. Ask questions and don’t be afraid to get help. We have many avenues available to help out members and their families in times of need.”
© 2022 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at email@example.com, ticker BMTM.