Home Blunders Marijuana Grow Causes House Fire in Stockton

Marijuana Grow Causes House Fire in Stockton


Firefighters contained a house fire in the 6700 block of Saddle Rock Court on Tuesday afternoon.

Battalion Chief Tim Runion said the 3:10 p.m. fire started from an electrical malfunction where the home's residents had bypassed the system to set up a marijuana grow.

Runion said “a few” plants were inside and most of them were either cut and taken, or pulled completely out of planter boxes.

Cars in the home's driveway did not have license plates.

Neighbors said the residents of the home had not lived there long and they were surprised to find out marijuana was being grown there. One neighbor said the residents had done significant landscaping work and appeared to be taking good care of the house.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here