A man accidentally burned his home down while attempting to destroy a beehive in his backyard Friday morning. Officials said Luciano Ramos used gasoline to burn the hive. It caught fire and spread to his home and a second home nearby. His family, including his wife and two children, were not at home. No one was injured.
Montana Vista Fire Department focused on the second home and saved it, but Ramos lost his home, officials said. The American Red Cross is assisting the family members because they lost everything.