An explosion from a gas leak injured at least one firefighter and damaged multiple properties after a crew caused the leak while working on a gas line.
According to KWWL, the explosion happened on Monday. The home was cleared out and the road was blocked off so crews could work on repairing the gas leak.
That crew hit the line, which caused the leakage. The home to explode soon after. There is no word if the crew was injured, but firefighters immediately started battling the fire, which went on for several hours.
One firefighter was injured while trying to contain the flames from jumping to other homes.
The debris that was scattered from the explosion struck several nearby properties, forcing some to seek alternative housing.
© 2020 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, ticker BMTM.