Home Fire News Firefighters say fireworks in back of car were ignited by lit sparkler

Firefighters say fireworks in back of car were ignited by lit sparkler

SHARE

July 03–PEMBROKE — Firefighters made quick work of a vehicle fire caused by exploding fireworks in the back of a vehicle, set off by a lit sparkler on Sunday afternoon.

Fire crews responded to 75 Glass St. for a report of a vehicle fire next to a residence.

On arrival, firefighters reported encountering exploding fireworks coming from inside the cargo area of an SUV-style vehicle.

Firefighters extinguished the fire, which officials say began when the vehicle’s owner ignited a sparkler with the rear hatch open. Sparks from the sparkler ignited fireworks in the back of the vehicle.

Officials said the fireworks had just been purchased from a store in Hooksett.

The owner of the vehicle was able to get himself and his family away from the vehicle; no one was injured.

___

(c)2017 The New Hampshire Union Leader (Manchester, N.H.)

Visit The New Hampshire Union Leader (Manchester, N.H.) at www.unionleader.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here