July 03–PEMBROKE — Firefighters made quick work of a vehicle fire caused by exploding fireworks in the back of a vehicle, set off by a lit sparkler on Sunday afternoon.
Fire crews responded to 75 Glass St. for a report of a vehicle fire next to a residence.
On arrival, firefighters reported encountering exploding fireworks coming from inside the cargo area of an SUV-style vehicle.
Firefighters extinguished the fire, which officials say began when the vehicle’s owner ignited a sparkler with the rear hatch open. Sparks from the sparkler ignited fireworks in the back of the vehicle.
Officials said the fireworks had just been purchased from a store in Hooksett.
The owner of the vehicle was able to get himself and his family away from the vehicle; no one was injured.
(c)2017 The New Hampshire Union Leader (Manchester, N.H.)
Visit The New Hampshire Union Leader (Manchester, N.H.) at www.unionleader.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.