Home Fire News Faulty shed wiring leads to fire in eastern Columbia

Faulty shed wiring leads to fire in eastern Columbia

SHARE
Columbia Fire Station #7 at 400 Green Meadows Circle.

Columbia Daily Tribune
Columbia Daily Tribune, Mo.

Faulty wiring in a shed was determined to be the cause of a Monday night fire in eastern Columbia.

The Columbia Fire Department received the call for 2707 Rain Tree Court at about 10:01 p.m. Eleven units responded. There were no reported injuries and the first units arrived within five minutes, the department reported

A truck next to the shed already was fully engulfed by the fire when fire department personnel arrived. The shed next to the house also was partially on fire.

Crews worked aggressively to contain the fire, which took about thirty minutes, the department said. Containment work also was done to make sure the fire had not spread to hidden spaces in the home.

The cause and origin of the fire was investigated by Assistant Fire Marshal Kyle Edwards, who determined faulty wiring in the shed led to the fire. Damage is estimated at $100,000.

This article originally appeared on Columbia Daily Tribune: Faulty shed wiring leads to fire in eastern Columbia

___

(c)2021 Columbia Daily Tribune, Mo.

Visit Columbia Daily Tribune, Mo. at www.columbiatribune.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here