Home Fire News Century-old building that was home to iconic strip club now rubble after...

Century-old building that was home to iconic strip club now rubble after massive fire

SHARE


A former strip club in Canada has caught fire, and police and rescue crews are looking to locate the caretaker who looked after the structure.

Monty’s, a former gentlemen’s club, was completely demolished by a fire that also gutted the Plaza Hotel in downtown Victoria, British Columbia.

The building was more than a century old, and the fire that destroyed it sparked an evacuation of the nearby Royal Victoria Suites.

“A fire of this scope is going to continue to burn for a long period of time, so right now we’re just putting out hot spots and making sure the fire doesn’t spread to any adjacent properties,” VFD Deputy Chief Dan Atkinson said.

While the strip club closed in 2013, it remained an iconic landmark for the local population.

According to the Vancouver Sun, the maintenance man -named Mike- is currently missing, and the police are looking to track him down.

© 2019 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at info@brightmountainmedia.com, ticker BMTM.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here