Home Fire News Cat knocks over candle, starts fire

Cat knocks over candle, starts fire

SHARE
Image Credit: Milford Fire Department via Facebook

Kathleen Bolus
The Times-Tribune, Scranton, Pa

A cat knocked a candle onto a box of fireworks, starting a fire Sunday in a kitchen in New Milford Twp., police said.

The fire at 3946 Route 492 in Susquehanna County was ruled accidental, according to a state police fire marshal.

The candle set off the fireworks, police said.

No injuries were reported. The fire displaced nine people and the residence is not inhabitable, according to police.

BY KATHLEEN BOLUS

———

©2020 The Times-Tribune (Scranton, Pa.)

Visit The Times-Tribune (Scranton, Pa.) at thetimes-tribune.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here