Home Fire News 1,000 displaced after Virginia high-rise goes dark due to transformer fire

1,000 displaced after Virginia high-rise goes dark due to transformer fire

SHARE


More than 1,000 people had to be evacuated out of a Fairfax County high-rise condo complex after a transformer fire caused extensive damage to the building’s electrical system and exterior.

According to WTOP, no one was injured as smoke from the fire quickly spread into the building.

Investigators have already ruled it an accident.

Now the building sits dark and people are without electricity or water, and some of the condos have suffered smoke damage.

© 2019 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at info@brightmountainmedia.com, ticker BMTM.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here